Thank you for contributing to our development of an open and transparent Federal Identity, Credential, and Access Management (FICAM) Program Management Guide. Everyone has tips and tricks and we want to share these with our colleagues!
To contribute to this site, you can:
- Open an issue - make a suggestion or correction to the content on this site.
- Add a new page - create a new page to add to this site.
- Edit an existing page - submit direct changes and line edits to content on this site.
Using GitHub as a first-time user can be overwhelming. An introduction video is available from DigitalGov on YouTube: Introduction to GitHub.
About This Repository
In the GitHub repository, on the Code tab, you can view the folder structure of this website:
The following folders contain content and diagrams:
- /pages - includes the majority of the page source files.
- /img - includes all diagrams and images, which are available for download and reuse anywhere.
We encourage you to read LICENSE.md and README.md at the top level of this repository.
This content is vendor-neutral. You should not submit marketing materials for commercial products. If you want to contribute a page or content that includes commercial products and specific references for development and engineering, please review the commercial product trademark or copyright guides from the product vendor and reference those guides in your pull request.
Consider the audience when you submit content. Plain language benefits a broad audience. Review your proposed content for the use of acronyms and specialized jargon before submitting.
- Make each page brief.
- Use titles to help the user identify jump-off points for information.
- Write short paragraphs.
- Write in plain language and active voice as much as possible.
- Use numbered steps, bullet lists, and graphics.
The following are useful resources for plain language, writing, and style:
The contributing framework, the licensing framework, and the idea for providing this content as open-source are based on work from 18F.